during:
after:
Saturday morning we went to Ikea and bought the flooring for the game room in the basement. Nathan and I started working on it as soon as we got home, then some of Nathans family volunteered to come help out that afternoon/night! I'm so glad they came, it would have taken us forever to do on our own. The one thing that took so long was trying to get the carpet glue and carpet padding off the concrete. If it weren't for that, we could have been done in a few hours. But.. we had about 6 of us scraping glue all day Saturday and a few hours on Sunday. (And we all have the bruised palms to show for it) Finally, we finished in time for the boys to sit downstairs and enjoy the superbowl. I LOVE it! It is pretty much a million times better. I feel finally like the people who used to live here before us have no mark on the house anymore. thank goodness! The old carpet reeked of them.
After all this work, yes. I still want to move. Hopefully we'll get more money out of the house when we do sell it with these new changes. But in the mean time, I feel much cleaner at home with less carpet.
If you're curious about what houses we are currently interested in, here are some links. Let me know which ones you guys like!
http://www.utahrealestate.com/846489
http://www.utahrealestate.com/846802
http://www.utahrealestate.com/851635
http://www.utahrealestate.com/846850
http://www.utahrealestate.com/853750
http://www.daybreakutah.com/plan.php?ID=148
http://www.daybreakutah.com/plan.php?ID=38
http://www.daybreakutah.com/plan.php?ID=45

3 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how quick your floor went in. It looks great. I like the Lehi houses because they are just that much closer to us. I bet home prices are going to keep going down, not good for selling, but good for buying! I love your new wallpaper too. Love MOM
stace! i don't know why it took me so long to find your blog...
love what you've done with the basement! so...let me know if you're gonna be in the phoenix area anytime soon =) - we're way overdue on family pictures and you spoiled us last year. do you know anyone good down here?
lindz
It Looks So Good! I really like the hard wood floors
Post a Comment