Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas morning we opened up presents at our house and had some yummy cinnamon rolls. I got Nathan a Bose ipod sound dock speaker thing and a flat screen computer monitor. His current monitor makes such a high pitch squeak that I think only charlie and I hear. So this will be nice :)
Nathan got me.... drumroll please!!!!
FOOTIE PAJAMAS (complete with a butt-flap)
I can't tell you how long I've been wanting some of these. basically since i grew out of my little kid ones in england. they are amazing and today i seriously haven't taken them off and it's currently almost 5pm. lol
Also, I really wanted a fitness thing for the wii, so he got me the wii fit which will be so nice to use after the baby so i can work out at home. (he wanted me to be sure that people knew that i wanted it, not that he thought i needed it) haha
After hanging out at home for a while, we stopped by nathan's parents house to pick up our stocking stuffers, then headed down to orem to my gma's house. we played a round of settlers of catan (our new favorite game)... (and no mom, you don't have an 8)
everyone else started showing up a little later in the day. it was nice to just hang out... we didn't do a big dinner like we normally do, so we all stocked up on a little too much candy and sweets. but that's okay, right?!
i made my parent's a frame that has a personalized "all i need to know about life i learned from my parents" list in it. i would write some of them on here, but it's alot of personal jokes that wouldn't seem funny to many other people : )
even lincoln got a few presents! it was really surreal to open a present that said "to:lincoln".
shan slaved really hard over the sewing machine for a bunch of presents that she made, one of which was my favorite thing ever- a homemade diaper bag! it is the cutest thing ever, which came complete with my first ever baby wipes and bottle. lol
we had a great christmas with both our families. we're so glad that my parent's live close enough that they only have to drive an hour to be with us instead of 24!




3 comments:

shmily said...

Charlie does not look happy with those antlers on. Man what a fun day!!! I have counted my blessings more times than I can count (?) that we live closer to most of our kids...just one thing missing, (actually four) When people ask me how my Christmas went I tell them WONDERFUL!!! You're right, Madolyn did look a little squished, and I still don't have an eight. I have read over my plaque a few times now and catch something new every time. Love you guys, MOM

Kelsie said...

I want to see a picture of you in those pj's that Nathan got you....front & back please :)

Randy and Shandra said...

looks like Charlie wants to eat you cookie monster
:)