Saturday, March 13, 2010

baby's room and craft projects!

This weekend we've been working on TONS of things. I think the nesting kicked in with Nathan, but don't tell him I said that : )
We finally got all the parts needed to remodel our upstairs bathroom so hopefully this week that will be finished and i'll post pictures of that. Lincoln's room is pretty much ready to go. There are just a couple things left to do there.
His whole room has been one big craft project after another the past 9 months. I finally snapped a couple quick shots of it today because I'm semi-pleased with the stage it's at right now.

Craft project #1: Crib
We bought this at DI FOREVER ago and I re-painted then antiqued it a cream color. My mom came down and help me sew the bumpers (help? i meant she pretty much did it all herself) :)






Craft project #2: Family Frame Wall
Again, I am big into thrift stores and fixing up things. I got all these frames either from around the house that hadn't been used yet or from DI, and repainted them orange, brown, cream, and gray. All the super important people in our lives are up on this wall from parents, siblings, grandparents, neices, nephews, and even a couple choice friends whom Lincoln will pretty much call aunts :)

This is my all time favorite picture on the wall of Nathan and his parents when he was little. (Notice the head size difference between him and his mom?) hahaha I love this though... so cute.



Crafte project #3: Nightstand Thingy
Again, I have my slight obsession with DI to thank for this one. Repainted it brown and gray, and put some new knobs on it. It's the perfect place to store books, the CD player, and socks in. I know, random socks...




Craft project #4: Shelves
I'll give you one guess where these came from! Yup! A little paint and sanding and these puppies are perfect for the antique-y feel of the room. The squares were actually a project that me and shan did a couple years ago. One day we thought, I can totally paint something awesome on canvas squares... and this is what came out of that :) After I already had the room colors picked out, I found these tucked away in the closet and realized how PERFECT the colors matched. I've always had a thing for orange... A couple of my favorite pictures are framed here.. the one of Jesus' hand I absolutely love. And a couple of the maternity pictures that Brody took are here. One in an awesome lime green frame that Nathan hates but I love :)


Craft project #5: Glider Chair
Nathan's mom gave us this glider chair that came from the school where she works. It was not exactly my style, with white paint and old green fabric. A little paint, and my favorite plaid fabric, and it is awesome! Nathan showed me how to sew this one. Everyone is good at sewing but me... no fair!


Craft project #6: Changing table
K, so this one is a work in progress still. We weren't going to have a changing table at all until I was browsing the free section on KSL classified and came across this beauty. It was 50 something years old, an awesome shade of green, and really REALLY dusty&dirty. I called the guy just a couple minutes after he posted the ad and had it in our possession about 10 minutes later. I'm a little impatient when I see something that I want. He said that TONs of people had been calling on it. I wish I took a good picture of it before I started the refinishing process, but I didn't. Here is the tiny thumbnail that was on the ad though:

It's awesome. I'm stripping the whole thing down because I'm pretty sure it was lead paint, then repainting it the same awesome green color. Hopefully I'll be able to get that finished this week.

Future baby room projects:
Paint and hang a huge shelf that goes across the top of the whole wall for Nathan's model cars
Build a frame around the big mirror

Well, that's about it! 6 days and counting til hopefully this little guy makes his debut. This week Shan will be putting me through labor bootcamp to try to induce labor. We'll see if she's as good at it as I am... muah ha ha ha

2 comments:

shmily said...

The room looks awesome. I was wondering who that was in that picture, then I realized it was Nathan with his mom and dad!. You guys did a great job. I almost see a little bit of teddy bear theme beginning?

Randy and Shandra said...

oh just youuuuuu wait........ :)