Well. Tonight was the first of what I think will be the norm now. It's 8pm. I put Lincoln to bed the same as every night. This time at 8:05, he opens his door (which he's now an expert at- and locking them!), and walks into my room with a huge grin of accomplishment on his face. I couldn't help but laugh. Wrong Stacey. That was the wrong thing to do. I silently put him back in his bed just like I'd seen super nanny do on tv. Cut to 2 minutes later. He climbs out again (by climbing down his rocking chair next to the crib), climbs on his nightstand, turns on his bedroom light, finds a hat to wear, slowly opens his door, and proudly comes prancing into my room again. I'm trying really hard not laugh at this point but it's hard! He picked a pink crocheted hat with a rainbow flower of London's to wear and it just looked hilarious with his footing pajamas on! *sigh* I take him back to his crib again and lay him down.
I go to my room and listen closely this time. I hear him climb out of his bed and start to open his door slowly. I go to the hall and he sees me and starts running over to his rockin chair to try to climb back in before he thinks I see him. Oh my. So I go in to his room and move the furniture away from his crib so he can't climb on it, shut the door behind me and listen at his door. Sure enough 10 seconds later I hear a thump, and hands on the doorknob about to open it. He just throws his body over the side and lands right! I put him back in his crib again... And again.... And again...
Now, it's 8:45pm and I can hear him talking every once in a while in there but I'm not sure if he's in his crib or not. He can climb out, but he can't climb back in without the rocking chair next to it. I guess I'll find out in the morning if he's asleep in his bed or on a pile of toys. What a night! That silly boy!
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment